Friday, September 3, 2010

Spring...errrr...Fall Cleaning!

Much to Caleb's dismay, the cleaning and organizing bug bit me this week.  I've decided my house needs a deep cleaning/over haul before the holidays begin, so it started yesterday!


My master bathroom and bedroom have been dusted, vacuumed, and the bedspread is at the cleaners.  I'm a little extreme when it comes to "deep cleaning" so this included things like vacuuming the blinds and lampshades, washing the bed skirt, and vacuuming BEHIND our massive king sized bed. That was fun! Overall, it wasn't bad and the result of a spic and span living area is great! Though Caleb did sweetly ask me last night if I would, "give him some warning next time." Believe it or not, he doesn't get quite as enthused as I get about organizing projects.




If you're in the organizing mood, just remember to start small. Even if it is cleaning out a kitchen drawer while the pasta boils.  Small victories are motivating!  Here are some of my small victories...

Before


 

After
























Before


After



Before


After




Happy Organizing!

3 comments:

  1. Me too !! I looked around and thought I just did "spring cleaning" and then realized it was while I was pregnant. ( the baby is now 8 months so it'[s been about a year EWWWwwww) SO I am starting over and at the same time prepping for my October yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay organized...but I feel like in a matter of a few days, we are back to where we were! :) Thankfully my hubby is not picky but it makes me feel so good when the house is clean and junk free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love doing a good clean out any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete