Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DIY: Fix a clogged drain!

A couple of weeks ago, our bathroom sink decided to start draining really slowly...so on  my mental grocery list I put Draino. Then I thought to myself, "that stuff isn't very environmentally friendly and it costs money."  Which reminded me that I've seen this handy trick around the blog-o-sphere lately and thought, "it's worth a shot!" (I bet you all are hoping this "Courtney's thoughts" stuff stops soon)

Anyways, on to the point!


Take 1 cup of baking soda and pour it down the offending clogged sink.  It won't all go down, because 1 cup is alot, but work with it.  Then, pour 1 cup white vinegar.  You'll feel like you're conducting a science experiment in your bathroom sink Now walk away for 20 minutes.  Next, pour 4 cups of boiling water down the drain.  That's it! Our drain is as good as new, environmentally friendly and free! :)

4 comments:

  1. This solution really works! The last time I had to repeat it 2 times but it cleared the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This solution has never failed to do wonders in our kitchen sink! Good thing our friend introduced this solution to us. Now, we don’t have to use chemical-based products. It’s always best to use earth-friendly products to help preserve our nature and not compromise our health.

    -Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it worked for both of you, Carey and Daryl! I might give this home remedy a try the next time my drain clogs. I wish it would work for me too, or my plumbing service would be more than happy to rectify my DIY disaster.
    - Lovella Cushman @ PerfectionPlumbing.ca

    ReplyDelete



  4. خدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة

    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

    شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه

    ReplyDelete