Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Destin, FL

Our trip to Destin last week was wonderful.  It started off a bit interesting.  I decided to just wing the directions with the GPS on my phone.  My phone thought it would be great to give us the "most scenic route ever" to Destin.  We ended up on some country road in Alabama going entirely the wrong way.  There was not a gas station in sight, so Caleb got the brilliant idea to begin looking for wi-fi.  "I know we're in the country, but someone HAS to have wi-fi."  So we proceeded down the road at 20 mph, refreshing our phone's wi-fi connections until we got a strong enough signal to look at a map.  Take that GPS!  After that, we did just fine.

As soon as we got to Destin we were ready for the beach AND some food!  So we went to Pompano Joes.  I absolutely love restaurants with the beach in sight.


Shrimp, oysters, fish, hushpuppies, french fries, and pineapple coleslaw.  Delicious and so healthy ;)

After our late lunch, we checked into our condo.  This was the view from our balcony.


Then we went to the beach!




The next day we went to the beach again and then we went to lunch at The Crab Trap.  Sorry, no picture of this lunch. It was yummy too.  Another beach side restaurant.  They had homemade carrot cake - which I took advantage of!



After lunch, we went on a nature walk that was on the resort.


We took advantage of the free bike rentals...



The next day we went to the beach again (we have our priorities straight!) and then we went to the pool.


Because of all the healthy food we were eating on vacation, I made sure to sneak in a Shakeology too. :)



If you know me, you know I had to find frozen yogurt while we were on vacation! 






Last evening at the beach...






On our way back home - mirror ceiling in the elevator. :)


It was so nice to be able to get away by ourselves.  My favorite part was not being on any type of schedule and getting to do whatever we wanted.  

I told Caleb today that I'm ready to go back to the beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment