Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday's Eats ~ Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork


I had two pork tenderloins I wanted to cook up in the slow cooker, so I decided to make pulled pork.  I found this recipe from My Baking Addiction and it was great!  I used it for bbq sandwiches, but it would be great in tacos too.

Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork
Ingredients
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (4-6 lb) boneless pork butt or shoulder (I used 2.5 lbs of pork tenderloin)
¾ cup cider vinegar
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoons dry mustard
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

1. Rinse pork roast under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Place onions in crock-pot. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Rub mixture all over roast and place the roast on top of the onions.
3. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine. Drizzle about 1/3 of vinegar mixture over roast. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
4. Cover crockpot; cook on low for 10-12 hours. Drizzle about 1/3 of reserved vinegar mixture over roast during last ½ hour of cooking.
5. Remove meat and onions; drain. Chop or shred meat and onions. Serve with remaining vinegar mixture or your favorite barbecue sauce.









Trendy Treehouse

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. Pulled pork is one of my favorite dishes. And now I'm craving it -- LOL!

    I'm visiting (and following) from Home is Where My Story Begins.

    I hope your day is full of joy.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete