Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Orphans Won't Be Orphans Forever

But you know all about it—the contempt, the abuse….You won't let them down: orphans won't be orphans forever.  Break the wicked right arms, break all the evil left arms. Search and destroy every sign of crime. God's grace and order wins; godlessness loses. Orphans get parents, the homeless get homes.  The reign of terror is over, the rule of the gang lords is ended. Psalm 10:14-18


Adoption and foster care are both topics I have spent a lot of time researching.  We have attended a seminar, read books and countless articles, watched videos and followed blogs. God has written James 1:27 on my heart, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  We are still praying about how we will follow this path and what God has for us. 


I found this video last week and wanted to share it with all of you.  While I do not believe that we are all called to adopt, I do believe we are all called to support adoption in some form.  This video can shed light on a situation that many of us are completely unaware of.



One of the blogs I follow is Lovin' Much and it is written by a family that is waiting on a little girl from Ethopia.  Their blog is precious and their love for a little girl they haven't even met yet is inspiring!  


Another blog I follow is No Greater Joy Mom which is written by a family that has adopted 4 precious children.  Their story and their heart for adoption is beyond words.  I love their heart!


Do you know anyone that has adopted? Have you ever considered adoption?

1 comment:

  1. I was adopted, so were my two sisters. I am so grateful for the sweet parents that adopted me, and provided a wonderful life for me and my sisters. We were all adopted from different places.

    ReplyDelete