Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Glimpse

As of late, my house has  looked like this.   Yes, we are moving!

Note the ugly plant stand that never has a plant on it because I kill them.
A map of downtown Atlanta.
Boxes.

I grew up moving on a very regular basis and no, my parents were not in the military.  They just liked to move.  So I have my fair share of experience with packing boxes.  Luckily, this is only my second move with Caleb, but it is completely different than the first.  I guess 5 years of stuff really adds up.

We're moving because for the past four years we've lived in the boondocks and live a life that is on the opposite side of town from us.  Needless to say we are SO excited to be moving.

We're moving into an apartment so that we are less committed to one specific location.  Believe it or not, the apartment is not much smaller than our current house - so it won't be a huge size adjustment.  The kitchen is significantly smaller which will be a difficult adjustment, but that's okay!

Anyways, we are moving Saturday so life is a bit crazy.  I'm also looking for a new couch and I want it to be semi-L shaped.  Sorta like this.
Any ideas where I can find one for a decent price?

Yesterday we decided to leave the house all day instead of pack.  

we went to two home decorating stores in search of new wall-art, found nothing.
went to the new apartment to take measurements.
went to Starbucks to work.
went to Chipotle for some lunch. it's pretty much our favorite quick meal.

Then we went to Ikea.  Let me tell you, that store has become atleast 30% more overwhelming and of course I wore heels yesterday.  I wanted to look at their couches (fail!) and their duvet covers (fail!), but then we left.

Then we went and watched The Help.  Loved it!  It lived up to my expectations. 

Skeeter: You said to write about what disturbs me, particularly if it bothers no one else.

AMEN!

On our way home, at 10:40PM we made one more stop.


Seriously, The Help showed fried chicken no less than four times so we were both craving it. 
It felt like a total sin, but it was sooo good.

I probably won't be around much this week (not like that is anything different) 
because I'll be busy working, packing, cleaning, moving, etc.

Here is a thought worth reflecting on this week:

Religion sets rules.
Jesus sets free.

3 comments:

  1. We must both be doing blog stuff now. I'm commenting on all the blogs I've been neglecting.

    I like this style of post for your blog - you should do it more often! I'm so excited for you guys to be moving! Hope you can find the perfect couch. Anybody helping with the move? If worse comes to worse, just remember the tactic you took when we moved your family out of the big house in Bville - TRASH IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i moved a lot and my parents were not in the military either!
    I definitely have a love/hate relationship with it!

    Chipotle - THE very best.
    The Help = Amazing.
    Fried Chicken - so bad, yet so good
    The Help movie quote: "Minnie don't burn chicken!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an L-shaped couch -- one with a love seat, couch and wedge. We shopped around a bit, ended up at Slumberland to find one we liked.

    ReplyDelete