Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday's Eats ~ Chipotle Chicken Fingers, Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes and Asparagus


Chipotle Chicken Fingers
click the link for recipe

I used chipotle chilli powder instead of chipotle powder (is there a difference?)
I also halfed the amount of chipotle chili powder because I didn't want it to be overpowering.
Both of these changes made it perfect!  Caleb thought I picked these up at the store and reheated them.  

 Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
1 c light sour cream
4 oz light cream cheese
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs red potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper

Spray your crockpot with oil to prevent sticking.
Wash potatoes and thinly slice. Put the potatoes in a bowl and mix with the sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper. Place mixture in crockpot and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.  Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, until potatoes are tender.  You could change the temperature to low and cook longer if needed.


Asparagus

rinse asparagus, cut off about an inch off the bottoms.
heat 2-3 TBSP of olive oil in a large skillet and add 2-3 cloves of garlic (or more).  
Add asparagus and cook on medium-low until asparagus is tender.

It's a Keeper


2 comments:

  1. I am definetely going to try these recipes. Tonight, in fact. We're on our way out to the store and I've been trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I'm so glad I jumped on and checked out my reading list first. I guess being a blog addict can be a very good thing!

    Hope you have a blessed day. You've blessed mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so delicious! I hope you'll add this and any of your other posts to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete