Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day

We never make a big fuss over Valentine’s Day, as I use to work at  a Hallmark store and therefore have been traumatized by the holiday.  It was astounding how many men waited until 5 PM on February 14th to come buy the last ugly teddy bear on our shelf. Maybe more pathetic than astounding.

In all seriousness, I like sentiments that have meaning and that aren’t forced by American culture, so we usually just make it a laid back evening in.  Of course, this is midterm week, which means I wouldn’t be leaving my house regardless.

We plan to have a steak dinner at home and stare at our textbooks into each other’s eyes.  We’re also going to make this dessert

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake
from Finding Joy In My Kitchen

It might be our new Valentine’s Day tradition, as we made it last year and loved it enough to make it again this year.

So that’s our plan.  What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment