Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Are You Ready?

There are many times that I look to the future and I ignore the present.  I wish for bigger things.  I want different opportunities.  I want to meaningfully minister.  I want to be a world changer. 


Sometimes I feel like I am going no where. That I am just circling in an endless holding pattern.  


Then God speaks and He says. . . 


are you ready for it? if I gave you everything you wanted right now, would you be wise enough to steward it well? would you be mature enough for the responsibility of people's hearts? do you feel the weight of what you are asking?




Every heartbreak I am experiencing now, every race I am running, every dream I am waiting on - they are all molding me, building character in me - to prepare me for my future.  I look at all of the amazing things I was able to experience in 2011 and I am grateful, so grateful for this adventure I am on.  I am striving to stop striving.  To appreciate the refining, knowing that it is strengthening me for what is ahead.


Caleb and I have been having a lot of talks about what the future holds and while it is exciting, there are so many unknowns.  I'm thankful that I am confident in the fact that God has a plan, He is faithful, and He isn't through with me yet.


Reminds of me a beautiful truth sung by Ginny Owens, "No I'm not who I was when I took my first step nd I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet. So if all of these trials bring me closer to You, then I will go through the fire if You want me to"

1 comment:

  1. I brought all my Ginny Owens sheet music to Denmark with me and nobody seems to have heard of her here. I think she has the most peaceful lyrics.

    I can't believe how long your hair is - in the last post.

    ReplyDelete