Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crazy Week

Yes, it is only Tuesday, but it feels like it's Friday! My week thus far has consisted of: an hour at the post office because my car refused to cooperate, fulfilling my role as part of my neighborhood's social committee by helping hand out 160 flyers promoting our subdivision's 1st Annual Yard Sale, spending countless hours cleaning and organizing in attempts to get ready for said yard sale, and last but not least, thinking up fun things to share on here!

Remember these?


While I love just eating these fresh, I also love peach cobbler.  I know I wanted to use some of these southern jewels for just that!  I turned to The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website, which is the best thing since sliced bread.  Seriously, I feel like almost every recipe posted by members of Tasty Kitchen is posted by someone that recognizes a GOOD recipe when they see one!  I found this recipe: Peach Cobbler  One of the comments said that this recipe is very similar to one of Paula Dean's recipes, which wouldn't surprise me a bit!  Paula Dean is known for her love of all things butter!  This recipe was very easy, though I modified it a bit.  First of all, I halved the recipe because Caleb had informed me before that he does not like peach cobbler, so I didn't want to end up with enough for a month!  I also left out the almond extract (I didn't have any).

Here is the recipe, cut down to 4 servings, minus the extract.


Peach Cobbler
1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) Butter (I used salted)
3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoons Salt
3/4 cup Milk
1 pounds Peaches, Peeled And Sliced (about 2 Cups)

Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in a 9 by 9-inch baking pan; set in the oven to melt.

Meanwhile, whisk flour, 3/4 cups of sugar, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.


Whisk in milk until smooth.

When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.

Pour batter into pan.
Yeah, that's not the most appetizing picture. Moving along...
Arrange fruit over batter.

Bake until batter turns golden brown, 35-45 minutes.


Turns out, Caleb likes my peach cobbler just fine...figures! :)  I thought this recipe was a perfect ratio between crust and fruit, yum!

3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I'm going to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!!!! Maybe I should save a few of our peaches lol. We just keep eating them plain but this post is making me think we should try them another way:)

    ReplyDelete