Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Asheville, NC

Do you have a place that you just absolutely love to visit, no matter how many times you have already been?  My place is Asheville, North Carolina. I spent the majority of my life in the North Georgia Mountains and now that I live in the city, I miss the mountains!  The drive to Asheville offers phenomenal views and the town itself is beautiful.

For the past week, I have been dreaming about a trip there this fall.  Hopefully it happens! 

In 2008, Caleb and I visited Asheville for the first time, to visit the Biltmore Estate.    We ended up purchasing a one year pass because we loved it so much.  We endured quite a bit of mocking for this one, but we visited four additional times, which made the purchase totally worth it! 

Image found here

We were able to see the Biltmore house in the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.  The Christmastime visit was amazing as they decorated each room of the house and had over 200 Christmas trees inside!

Here is one of the many trees...

The Biltmore Estate is situated on 8,000 acres of beautiful rolling hills. 

It contains the Biltmore House (which is actually much like a castle, as it is approximately 175,000 square feet), a winery (where they offer a complementary wine tasting and education on wine & food pairings), stables, a farm, an inn (I would love to stay here at some point), several gift shops, and a few restaurants.

Downtown Asheville houses many art galleries, unique restaurants, and various shops.  It certainly has its hippy side as well, as Friday night the residents arrive downtown to dance to the music the local musicians are performing.  It is fun to watch at least!

Asheville, North Carolina is certainly worth the visit! There is something for everyone and it is a beautiful chance to enjoy the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains! Hopefully in a few months I'll have many more pictures to share with you!


4 comments:

  1. I still really really want to go here!! Maybe I should make this our place to go if Michael and a I ever get our trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't go during Belle Chere. Hottest day of the year with 300,000 people who don't wear deodorant, can't decide if they are male or female, and seem to have misplaced their underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to go here too! Guess I know now when NOT to go! lol Courtney your button is awesome! You're fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, in the summer I choose to go just about no where, but water related places. :) Asheville is best in the Spring, Fall or Winter.

    Thanks! The button was fairly easy. :) Thanks for the tutorial, easy stuff!

    ReplyDelete