Friday, August 27, 2010

In The Air

Typically by now I am biting at the bit to get all of my fall décor down from the attic to start decorating my house.  This year has been different because I am preparing for a yard sale and I really want to get everything OUT Of my house, before I begin anymore decorating.  Speaking of this yard sale, it’s tomorrow and I still have a ton to do!  Crystal from MoneySavingMom.com has a great article on how to have a successful garage sale. Check it out here!  Here's to hoping my garage sale will be successful, so I can turn the money around to help me with some projects around the house.


As the weather starts getting cooler (positive thinking!) I get in the mood to bake more. One of my favorite recipes is banana bread (sorry Shay).  This is one of the best I have found yet, but let me know if you have a special one!

Banana Banana Bread
(found on AllRecipes.com)

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (you can use whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (I have used olive oil, I bet you could use applesauce too)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups & 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...guess I'll forgive you:) How about some pumpkin bread next time?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mines better, I have the recipe that Lance Armstrong's mom use to make for Lance when he raced bikes as a kid. The secret ingredient is buttermilk. Ask Amanda its AH-MAZING!! Robert loves it too.

    ReplyDelete