Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Gift of Giving

I apologize in advance for the nausea that might be caused by this picture.  The floral throw-up background is enough to make anyone dizzy.  How can you love a bedspread so much one day and hate it so much the next day?


I was organizing my pantry and stock-up closet today and put together a bag to take to a local food pantry.  I am always so happy when I am able to do this, because I am able to use the gift of couponing to bless other people.  Everything in this picture probably cost me less than $5, but if a normal shopper purchased it, the cost would be near $50! 


Less than ten minutes after taking this picture, I clicked on Southern Saver's website and say this blog post.  She shares some great ideas on "planning" to buy for others and making it a regular habit.  I feel blessed that God has given me the gift and the desire to coupon, so I try to remember to bless others with my gift.  

Another way couponing allows me to help people, is by allowing me to buy food at such a reasonable price that we can entertain on a regular basis!  Feeding 2-4 other people can cost quite a bit more, but by buying ahead, using coupons, and meal planning, we barely notice an additional cost.  Our cost of entertaining is included in our $40/week grocery/household budget.

With the holidays coming up and the state of our economy right now, I encourage you to take some time to consider what you can do to help others.  Remember, it is better to give than to receive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment