Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Whole Kit and Kaboodle ~ Being Thankful in All Things

Last week verged on the edge of mind numbingly boring as it consisted of working as many hours as possible and accomplishing an insane amount of tasks, but it's over now.  Not surprisingly enough though, a new week has started already and is looking like last week's twin!  I have to stop and remember to be grateful, to be thankful that I have been given the opportunity to work so many hours this month.  Even though my head is spinning and my eyes are glazed over from the computer screen!


Friday evening started at a friend's house for a Tupperware party. It was a fun night of fellowship and yummy food!  I'm thankful for the people God has placed in my life.  And, I'm thankful for the free acorns Sharon gave me! :)


Saturday, I finally found a pair of boots! I have been wanting a pair of boots for going on three years now and I finally just bit the bullet and got some! (Turns out that one of my friends bought the exact same pair! great minds think alike :)  I was able to purchase them for $50, so that was good.


Then we proceeded onto the corn maize to begin the first of our planned fall activities!



The gang

Afterwards, we ate delicious cobbler and played Cranium, which is the equivalent to Monopoly's level of fun. Ahem.

Sunday was an awesome day!  We were able to serve as volunteers at church and witness 52 people get baptized!  It was amazing and beautiful and I experienced tears of joy several times.  There is nothing more encouraging than seeing Christians proclaim that Jesus is all they need!  Wonderful night.

And so another week has begun and tomorrow it will be half over!  It seems the more I try to savor life, the faster it flies by. 

Remember these frames?



Well you'll be pleased to know that they have come a step further.  They now look like this!


The finished project will be done this week. I can't wait to show it off!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you all enjoyed the corn maze! I'd love to see a pic of the acorns in their new home! :-)
    Sharon@KeenInspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, those frames look great! I'm so proud of your creativity :)
    I can't wait to see the final charrette and visit your "new" abode.

    ReplyDelete