Here are the cast of characters.
lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, steak, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, black olives and tortillas.
Just take the steak (you can get a cheap cut), slice it into thin strips and slice up 1/2 the onion and cook in a skillet with a TBSP of olive oil.
I usually sprinkle in some salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Really, whatever spices you like! Unless you're tempted to try cinnamon and nutmeg, just skip that idea.
Cook the steak and onions until no longer pink.
Then, take a tortilla, put some steak and onions down the center, garnish it with your favorite toppings, serve with some chips and salsa, and you've got a meal that took you less than twenty minutes and tastes great!
There are tons of variations to this. You can use chicken instead of steak or just go totally vegetarian by throwing in some red peppers, green peppers, and mushrooms. All of the toppings are interchangeable too, we just like everything!
We eat a meal like this atleast once a week, because it's easy and cheap! I usually have alot of this in my pantry or fridge because I get good deals on it.
- steak - $1-$2 I buy the cheap cuts when they go on sale at Publix or when they go on sale at Target with a coupon.
- tortilla chips - about $2 I buy these when they go B1G1
- cheddar cheese - I typically stock up on cheese at .50-$1 a bag when it goes on sale with a coupon
- sour cream - free-$1 based on sales and coupons
- salsa - .50 - $1 based on sales and coupons
- tortillas - around $1 based on sales and coupons.