Friday, January 21, 2011

Frugal Fridays ~ Week of 1/15/11 - 1/21/11


Impressive, huh? 18% savings. :)

If it weren't for Wal-Mart and Ingles my savings would have been a little better.  We buy our coffee at Ingles  because it's the cheapest I've found for organic coffee.


Why do I drink organic coffee?

 In terms of chemicals, coffee is one of the most heavily treated crops of any agricultural commodity. See here for more information (just ignore the global warming opinion :)

I certainly cannot afford to buy everything organic right now, so I try to pick the most important items  to purchase organically and go from there.  Right now it's coffee, meat and some dairy.  Whenever organic produce is on sale, I buy that as well.  See my post here on prioritizing your organic produce choices.


Anyways, even with buying 2 cans of coffee ($10+ dollars) and hosting a Sunday brunch for 10 people I still only went $4 over budget this week.  I love the beauty of stockpiling.


Here is a picture of my Publix trip.  It's the only trip I remembered to photograph. :)



1 comment:

  1. This is a cool way to put your savings in a blog post - I like it much better.

    I'm also going to have to try this coffee.

    Cool giveaway too! Glad you're back to blogging regularly!

    Call me when you get time!

    ReplyDelete