Friday, March 25, 2011

Recipe Box #4


What Megan's Making

Remodeling This Life

Finding Joy In My Kitchen

Let's Dish

Mel's Kitchen Cafe

I made the Crockpot Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup from Finding Joy in My Kitchen last week and it was scrumptious!  I changed it up a bit (of course I did) to use up some ingredients I had on hand.  Instead of 4 cups beef broth, I used 2 cups beef broth and 2 cups tomato juice.  Instead of italian sausage I used chicken italian sauage AND instead of green beans, mushrooms, and carrots I did 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies.  Okay, so not really the same recipe anymore?  Either way, the flavor was great and I'll certainly be making it again! I love crock pot meals. :)

I am going to make the Mexican Lasagna recipe this week.  I like the fact that it uses regular noodles instead of corn tortillas. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Happy Friday and Happy Cooking



5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including me, and for sharing all these other great recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this today -- it makes my day to know you enjoyed the soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for including me! can't wait to check out the others. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like the baked pasta with chicken sausage - it's one of our favorites for sure! :) Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i just saved the quinoa recipe it looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete