Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday's Eats ~ Bona Fide Chili

I have been seeing several recipes lately for chicken chili, fajita chicken chili, fajita chili, etc.  This past week I decided to create my own and it was great (if I do say so myself). 






Bona Fide Chili


2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1 14oz can diced tomatoes with chillis
1 can of rotel tomatoes
1 15 oz can of black beans
1 15 oz can of kidney beans
1 29 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 tsp garlic
dash of cayenne pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
salt and pepper
cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional)


Place all ingredients in crockpot, mix thoroughly and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Garnish with cheese and sour cream.  This was so easy and very delicious!  I liked using black beans and kidney beans, as it spiced up a normal chili recipe.


I put leftovers on top of pasta for chili mac a few nights later.  Delicious again.  Love planning for leftovers during this busy time in our life.


Do you have any tried and true chili recipes? I'm always looking for a good one


TastyTuesday200pix Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment