Monday, July 11, 2011

Broccoli & Squash Bake










Broccoli & Squash Bake

4 medium yellow squash, peeled and sliced
12 oz frozen broccoli florets
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 slices Swiss cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
black pepper and cayenne to taste
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese

Steam squash and broccoli until crisp-tender.  Place in casserole dish.  Mix melted butter with egg, milk and seasonings.  Pour over broccoli and squash.  Top with Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350* degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.  Serve immediately.

Serves 4

Variations: Feel free to change the cheese types, I just used what I had on hand.  Cheddar cheese would probably be great too! You could also use fresh broccoli instead of frozen.



TastyTuesday200pix Creative Cooking Saves Money: How are you doing?



It's a Keeper




6 comments:

  1. My mom used to make something like this. My aunt came over for dinner and spit it out in her napkin - but the rest of us liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I just saved it, I love broccoli and squash, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks healthy and tasty! I wanted to invite your over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look so yummy. Thanks so muffle Sharon and linking up.

    Xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete