Saturday, October 29, 2011

High School Football

On thursday night we finally made it to my brother’s football game.  He’s a senior (a what?!) this year and I cannot believe he is graduating this coming spring!


As I sat on the bleachers surrounded by hundreds of high school students, I couldn't help but remember what it was like to be that age.  I wouldn't go back to sixteen or seventeen if you paid me, seriously.  While I had a pretty decent adolescent experience, the turbulent emotions and awkward feelings are not worth going back to.  So often I see teenagers and want to impart to them that life gets so much better.

David - #63

But isn't that how life goes?  Every year that passes, you look back and realize "that wasn't as big as a deal as I thought it was"  Hindsight is always 20/20.

I love that my siblings are entering into adulthood now as well, hanging out with them is fun again and I can't wait to see where life takes them.




1 comment:

  1. High School? Been so long for me, I can hardly remember. LOL

    ReplyDelete