Thursday, February 23, 2012

Work Related Joys

Emergency


I seriously want to send this to 99% of the people I work with.  Summer is definitely the busiest time of the year for me with work.  Because my job is working with schools, we do much of the work May - August while schools are on summer break.  Take many, many school and times it by several and you've got a very busy summer!  Summer has started early this year and we're already pretty busy!


And last year's problems are also this year's problems.


A big part of my job is leading several (between 5 and 30) conference calls every week.


The call is mainly to talk the client through the company I work for implementation's process and develop a conversion plan. Typically the calls last around 45 minutes.

A call I had last week was an exception.  We were only halfway through the call at 45 minutes because the client had many questions.  Many.

They get the award for most questions ever.

Don't get me wrong, they were nice about it. Typically I get 4 or 5 questions.  

They had around 30 questions, no lie.

So, at the end of the call when I asked them if they had any more questions (my first mistake) they said, 

"well, are there any questions we SHOULD be asking?" 

and I in all of my eloquence. . .laughed.

:)

I'm beginning to think that the older I get, the less filter I have.  
I'm only 24 years old, which means the people that know me past 30 are basically in for it.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, this was the best post I've read all week.

    You can send me more work whenever you feel swamped or whatever.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete