Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kaleidoscope


I have hope
Inside is not a heart
But a kaleidoscope
- Sara Bareilles

Today was a great, low key day!  Started off with coffee in bed.  This is our new ritual (Caleb's idea) to reconnect after a long week and talk about our weekend and the upcoming week.  It's great, focused, quality time before any life distractions start. 

We got ready for the day, I planned next week's menu, and then we headed out to run some errands.  Our first stop was something fairly new to us, lunch at a food truck! 


It's a new attraction to Atlanta that opened this weekend, a food truck park.  We had lunch there, amazing philly cheese steak sandwich.  There were about 5 food trucks, but during dinner hours they have around 10.  Their plan is to have some permanent food trucks and also have some that rotate out.  It's only about a five minute drive from our place, so this could get dangerous.  We also grabbed King of Pops popsicles, Chocolate Sea Salt and Latte. Delicious!

From there we went to Whole Foods.  About 5 minutes into our shopping trip, Caleb says "I think there is someone famous behind us!"  So I turn around and its this guy
Scott Cohen

We recognized him because we watched the show Necessary Roughness last summer.  I guess actors have to eat too. So odd to see an actor pushing around a grocery cart, picking out lettuce.  We're all human I suppose.

Next we did other fun things like unloading groceries, trip to Wal-Mart, dropped our car off for the longest oil change known to  man (seriously) and went to Starbucks to wait for the longer oil change known to man to end.  Not going back there again, yikes.


I read a little bit of "Grace for the Good Girl" and really liked the above paragraph.  "You will not be left with nothing" Such beautiful truth.  So many times I feel as though if I let something go, release it, stop striving for it - that I will be left with nothing.  What frail thoughts, proven to be empty so many times in my life.  God's story is SO much better than any story I could ever imagine.  So thankful for this reality. 

1 comment:

  1. loved reading this:) and your new ritual sounds like a fabulous idea:)

    ReplyDelete