Monday, August 16, 2010

Easy, easy recipe!

I regularly get asked how to make a pot roast in a Crockpot.  Making a roast using a slow cooker is one of the easiest meals in the world to make! You’ll see what I mean!


Slice 1 yellow onion and place the slices on the bottom of your slow cooker.


Take a 2(ish) pound roast, rinse it off, and place it in the slow cooker, on top of the onions.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Cut up enough potatoes (love red potatoes) and carrots to fill the slow cooker.

Turn it on low for 6-8 hrs, until roast is tender.


Yum! Typically when I make this I make a stew out of the leftovers by cutting up the remaining meat and vegetables and adding some beef broth whisked with flour (this helps the stew thicken). Super yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, now I can just reference this instead of bugging you or my mom when I make my roast (which happens maybe a few times a year? :)) since I always forget:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like one of these roasts on a cold Sunday afternoon! Warm and filling! Did Shannon mention that she cooks red meat???? ;-)

    ReplyDelete