Friday, February 18, 2011

Frugal Fridays ~ Week of 2/11 Shopping Trips


Kroger Trip: Savings of 56%
I mainly went to stock up on cheese...I bought 6 bags because they were right over $1 a bag.  The Yosko's yogurt were an unplanned purchase, but I saw them on sale for $1 and right next to them were .75/1 coupons.  .25 for yogurt, yes please! It's all about keeping your eyes open while at the grocery store.

Target Trip: Savings of 11% 
Had to pick up some ingredients for our Valentines dinner at home.  Check out the dessert we made here. :)  Also, I was completely out of laundry detergent and spot remover...thankfully Target had a decent sale on those.

Publix Trip: Savings of 47%

I never buy coke, but it was free with a coupon My Coke Rewards sent me, so I picked that up.  The Athenos greek yogurt was on sale for $1 and I had a $1 off coupon, so that was free.  I discovered that Publix has a nice selection of frozen yogurt so I picked up their moose tracks flavor.  Yum!  Other than that, just a few basic items.

CVS Trip: Savings of 66%
  Small trip to CVS to get free toothpaste and cheap face/body wash.  

So far for February I've averaged 46% savings, spent $105.62 and saved $88.64.  Since today is the 18th, I think I'm doing pretty good.  I budget $200 a month for groceries/paper goods/household products/personal care products.  I plan on stocking up at the Italian Sale at Publix this week so we'll see how I do. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good work! I love seeing what you find.

    Wish I had a Super Target or Publix here. :(

    ReplyDelete